What information is collected?
On our site we will collect the following information when you interact with the site:
- First and last name (via contact forms, Stripe on line payments, registration form, membership signup forms)
- Contact information including phone number, email address, class address, website URL, social media pages (including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube) (via contact forms, registration form, membership signup forms).
- Demographic information including age, sex, language, IP address, browser, operating system, network (via Google Analytics)
- Geolocation (including continent, sub-continent, country & city) IP address and language (via Google Analytics)
How we use your information
Below is a summary of the reasons why we collect the personal information outlined in section 1:
- For logistical reasons e.g. personal information collect in our instructor registration form will be used to create your instructor page which is publically available on our site. Please carefully consider what information you would like to be publically available e.g. if you operate from a home address, please consider the risks involved in publically displaying this address on your instructor page. We will only display the contact information that you have granted permission to use.
- For record keeping purposes.
- For communication purposes e.g. we may need to contact you to resolve queries or for market research purposes. We may occasionally email you for promotional purposes with our offers or services or offers/services from third parties that we think would be of interest to you.
- For the purpose of improving the product that we offer. For example, we may use data from Google Analytics to tailor the content of our site in order to be more effective.
Your personal information will never be passed or sold to a third party and will only be revealed to a third party if we are required to do so by law.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is securely stored and therefore the following is in place:
- Any personal information is stored within password protected documents that can only be accessed by Local Exercise.
- Our site has a Secure Sockets Layers (SSL certificate) to ensure the security of any information entered on our site e.g. passwords and payment details. Please ensure that whenever you enter private information such as passwords or payment details, our URL is preceded by the Secure HTTPS protocol.
Local Exercise do not collect or store any information enter during the checkout process e.g. card number, card expiration date or CVC. Payments are handled by a third party payment processing company (Stripe). Therefore, Stripe is fully responsible for the safe handling of your payment details.
The cookies used on our site are the for use of Local Exercise and some trusted third parties who allow us to provide the functionality required to run the site in its current format. These third parties are outlined below.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies”.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookies: This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookies: This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Forms related cookies: When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies: In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
- Location cookies: In order to provide you with the ability to find exercise classes within your local area, we collect information regarding your geolocation. This allows us to remember your location for subsequent visits so that we can load the classes that are most relevant for you i.e. within a set distance of your current location. You must first agree to the use of your location if you want this functionality.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- This site uses Stripe online payment platform, one of the most widely used platforms for processing online payments. Stripe may collect cookies during the checkout process in order to provide an easier checkout experience on subsequent uses.
- This site uses Cloudflare, a website security platform which may store cookies in order to help us with site security. This will allow Cloudflare to identify trusted web traffic to maintain the security of our site.
- This site uses Paid Membership Pro to run our membership functionality. They may store cookies to determine if a user is logged in on the site or currently has an active membership on the site.
However if you are still looking for more information, please contact us through one of our preferred contact methods: